St. Austin’s Academy aims to provide opportunities for all students to develop their full potential and to stretch their academic abilities in a way that builds confidence and enables them to live their lives to the full.
This vision will be realized through:-
- emphasizing and rewarding individual achievement;
- ensuring disciplined study by all students;
- establishing an ethos of fair play and mutual respect;
- expecting reliability, both as individuals and as members of a team;
- sharing responsibility for the welfare of members of the community;
- promoting the culture of life-long learning.
Core Values (guiding principles)
- Fair play and mutual respect
- Life-long learning
- Hard work and individual productivity
- Corporate Social Responsibility
The Academy will ensure that the staff:-
- are energized, enthusiastic and self motivated;
- value quality teaching and learning, have high expectations and encourage a range of ideas and innovations;
- understand and satisfy the educational needs expressed by both students and parents;
- encourage students to learn and grow together;
- promote the values of the Academy;
- enable parents an all friends of the Academy to participate as appropriate in its activities.
The academy aims to be a leader in education. This will be done by placing strong emphasis on:-
- A collective and consultative approach to relationship management, decision making and planning;
- A cycle of review and development aimed at ensuring effective use of resources for the benefit of students’ learning;
- State of the art physical facilities to provide an attractive learning environment;
- First class equipment (including information communication technology- ICT, to ensure easy access to all available information);
- A high qualified and well-motivated staff.